Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Poetry


If I had no possessions, I would give everything I had
To anyone who asked in any form of need

If I had no possessions, I would ask for the shirt off my brother’s back
I would share others’ things with others

If I had no possessions, I would live amongst everyone, all of the time

No sense of ownership to weigh us down or tether us
To a world of which we only know its four walls

The walls all fall down, one by one with each precious item we let go of with the same, shared love we all have of the ground we walk on

If I had no possessions, and you had no possessions except that which you and I hold in this singular moment together,
We could all be free to touch the untouchable, reach the unreachable, accomplish the unattainable
Then love might prevail.

No comments: