Saturday, April 21, 2012

Two Paths

Two paths, which one shall I go down?
Between a world of hate and a world of fate
I like to wake up with the sun and pants on the post
And the life I know comes with a bottle of beer

I was raised to go to church and work hard everyday
My mom made dinner while my dad worked in the yard
Us kids did our homework then biked up and down the block
Then at the family table we all were forced to talk

     Now it's all a part of me
     And it's getting so hard to see
     What can't be seen
     But what must be felt

As we all grew up, we all moved far away
But we still all called that old house home
And every winter, it felt good to be back together
And share a glass from my dad's old scotch bottle

     It's still all a part of me
     And it's been so hard to see
     How it was real
     And continues to be

Now we're all grown up and chasing our own lives
And the infinite choices can make us paralyzed
So I'm getting used to deciding on my own
How far I'll roam and where I'll make my own home

     It was all a part of me
     And I no longer can see
     Where I am
     Who I'll be

     I can't let go of me
     I am ready to see
     How who I was
     Defines who I'll be

No comments: