Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Where do questions get us?

Father, what is the purpose of life?
Why do you want to know, my son?
I want to know my place.
Then you will.

What am I supposed to accomplish?
What do you want to accomplish?
I want God to show me the way.
Then He will.

What does God want from me?
What do you have to offer?
All I have is myself.
Then that is enough.

But how do I hear Him?
How do you hear me?
I hear you fine.
Do you?

How do I live a full life?
How did your father raise you?
He raised me with a full family.
Then you are wise.

What must I do to escape loneliness?
Why must you escape it?
I wish to find my better half.
Then you will.

Why is it so difficult to find wholeness?
Why do you ask me?
I have been empty during my life.
Then your bucket will be full.

Why do friends come and go?
Why do the geese migrate each year?
But why does trust not last?
Why do boys grow into men?

Father, why do you always answer a question with a question?
Son, why don’t you ask yourself?

No comments: